Monday 2 June 2014

House of Fraser Dickins and Jones Top • Review







Hello everybody, and happy Monday! (Yeah, right!) so last time we had a chat, I was telling you all about the Pulse Exhibition event, which that was good fortnight ago. Understandably, I haven't been all that consistent lately! Things are still settling down for me with regards to events and organising posts, add that to being out-and-about working 12 hours a day, 5 days a week and the limited amount of time you get to yourself is spent either eating or sleeping! I'm hoping to sort out my timetable so that every Sunday there's a new blog post!

Okay so I know today is Monday, but this post has been a long time coming. Today's post is going to be a good ol' review, so grab yourself a cup of tea and take a moment for yourself out of your busy schedule to wind down. Because who said Mondays have to be chaotic? They can be just as relaxing as Sundays.

Today's review is all about my new top from House of Fraser. It's called the 'Dicks and Jones Top Eva Sciffly Scallop Color'. Now as you know by now, my reviews are completely honest, I'm not going to beat about the bush, because I want to give you guys the best possible stance so you can make up your own mind about products you see on my blog - so here goes!

My friend Glosinda from House of Fraser popped this in the post for me a little while ago, and it only arrived recently (as there was a problem with postage on my end, the postman came knocking when nobody was in). When it arrived, I couldn't wait to open it and try it on. My first impression was really positive. The t-shirt itself is off-white, a true "scallop" colour (lighter than cream, darker than white) and fore someone who loves to wear monochrome, greys and cream, I was automatically drawn to it.


I took a bit of a gamble and ordered this top in a medium, my logic was "How can you go wrong with a medium?" Somehow, I went wrong since this t-shirt is too big for me. Usually this would be fine, but as it's verging on 'far-too-big-for-me' I'm not sure I can wear this top exactly how I had intended to wear it without it looking a bit silly, which is disappointing - but totally my own fault as I took the gamble. So is this product true to size? I think it comes up bigger than how you'd expect it to. Which I suppose is better than it coming up smaller than expected, but this t-shirt feels somewhat like a large on me (I usually vary from 6-10 in tops depending on the style).

Before this t-shirt even arrived, I was thinking about ways I could style it. I would certainly opt for a pair of black skinny jeans, scallop sandals and gold jewellery (as pictured below). Because this top is so versatile, you could wear this casually or for work.


The style of this top really is very pretty. The colour allows for versatility (which means you can pair it with lots of different colours), and the Peter Pan collar is lovely - personally, I think this is the best feature of the t-shirt. The matching pattern on the collar, the sleeves and front pocket give this top a unique look and will add something a little special to a monochrome outfit. If I had to change one thing about the style of the top, I would probably lose the front pocket, as I'm not sure I like that element, but it really is a very pretty top.


Overall, if I had to put a number on my satisfaction with this product, it would probably be a 7.5/10 (very precise). I think you get what's offered with this t-shirt. The unique detailing is lovely, and as I personally like white/cream simple designs, it ticks a box for me. The only thing that knocks it down slightly for me is that I personally don't feel the t-shirt was true to size, as it feels more like a large on me than a medium - but then that was probably my own fault for taking the gamble without knowing for sure! I really like this product, and it's the first item of clothing I've ever gotten from House of Faser, so I'll definitely be looking there again. If you like what you see here, then check out House of Faser and (and their new season offers) here!


Hope this review was useful, and I'll see you next week!

Special thanks to House of Fraser *




No comments:

Post a Comment