Wednesday 5 February 2014

Thank you, Company




Good evening! Now as some of you may remember, towards the end of 2013 I published a blog post named "Spring & Summer 2014", now for those with your magnifying glasses and superb memories - you'll recall I entered it into a competition hosted by my all time favourite magazine, Company Magazine (for Company Academy, under Content Creator). Don't worry if you don't remember, I would no way expect you to. Because, when I first entered, I did it on a bit of a whim really. It wasn't big news, because the chances of me winning were so small that I didn't think it worth even getting excited about if I'm honest! The only thing I'd ever won before was a game of Pass-The-Parcel in primary school (and that was only because it stopped on everyone but me, so the teacher felt obliged to stop it on the only kid who hadn't won a lollipop). I entered, hoping for the best, but reminding myself not to get my hopes up. I work hard on my blog and I absolutely love it to death, so it was no skin off my nose to give it a shot - I'd always do what I loved anyway. So it was a win-win.

Lo and behold, I somehow won. By this point, I was convinced someone who'd been running a blog since the internet was born would have won by now. Besides, I spend what feels like most of my life watching fashion/beauty YouTube videos by YouTubers such as Zoella, Rhiannon Ashlee and Tanya Burr - and they were my idea of "real" content creators. There was no way I thought I stood a chance.

So when the email came through from a lady called Holly at Company Magazine (who is honestly one of the loveliest ladies ever) telling me I'd won out of "hundreds of applicants" I was in what I can only describe as mortal shock. I was on a train too, so not a wonderful combination as the urge to cry, laugh and sing was overwhelming. 

This isn't a post to talk about that though. Today I got my hands on a copy of the issue for the first time, as it recently went on sale, and I'd really just like to say that I'm so grateful to Company Magazine for featuring my blog over a two-page spread. Not only am I immensely overwhelmed by anybody choosing my blog, but I'm amazed that it happens to be my favourite magazine. (I remember even studying and basing my own magazine on Company Magazine for my Degree Dissertation!). So I suppose this post really is a HUGE thank you for selecting my blog. I love what I do, and I'm so happy eternally grateful that this has been the outcome. 


Hope you all have a lovely evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment