Sunday 20 January 2013

January Favourites





1. TopShop, Casual Big Pocket Shirt, £36 (buy here) 2. TopShop, Skater Rib Snood, £16 (buy here) 3. Yankee Candle, Creamy Caramel, £13.99 (buy similar here) 4. Alien by Thierry Mugler, £41.50 (buy here) 5. Eos Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm, £6 (buy here)

Here I've put together a collection of my favourite bits and bobs that have caught my eye this month or have got my rating. First we have a big casual white shirt. Now for me, this is a must have wardrobe item! It's such a versatile shirt, as you can wear it with some simple skinny jeans (black skinnies teamed with Jeffrey Campbell Litas = more professional, or blue skinnies teamed with Brogues = more casual) you could even rock this shirt under a floral dress for a vintage look, or wear tucked into some bright high-waist jeans or shorts (although my advice is save the shorts for Summer!) Absolutely loving this shirt as it's so versatile and matches perfectly with almost anything you're in the mood to wear.

Coming in with number two, the Snood! For about a year now I've been obsessed with Snoods. They're just like scarves, but you don't have to worry about them falling off or catching them in doors. I find it's always best to go for subtle colours when choosing a Snood, such as grey or beige, as these won't clash with what you're wearing. Black is also a nice colour to choose, although this can heavily darken your chosen look and doesn't match as well with pastel and lighter tones.

Time for one of my ultimate favourites this month - the Yankee Candle. I've only recently gotten into candles, but now I've started my little collection, I'm absolutely obsessed. They're so lovely to have burning on a cosy evening in with a blanket and some good TV. I've tried lots of different variations, and I really recommend Sainsbury's own Sandalwood candle and Winter Berries candle, and the ever-famous Yankee Candle collection. The first scents I purchased were Christmas Cookie (which I've got burning right now) and Creamy Caramel. Both smelling absolutely delicious, I find that the Creamy Caramel candle smells much stronger than the Christmas Cookie one. As you can imagine, they're both very sweet. I recommend looking into buying the tealights or tarts if you're not too sure, as these are far cheaper and smell just as lovely! Out of both of these candles, I prefer the Creamy Caramel one, but it's definitely down to personal taste. I'm looking into buying the Fresh Cut Roses Yankee Candle next, as I've read brilliant reviews and can't wait to smell it!

Number 4 is one of my favourite perfumes of all time. Alien, by Thierry Mugler. Since I first discovered perfumes, I've always chosen the sweeter scents, however this time I've gone for something a little different. Although this isn't your typical sweet perfume, it's definitely worth trying out as it smells lovely! I first discovered this perfume in a video posted by one of my favourite YouTube beauty and fashion gurus Bree at MyRedSolara (video here! At 05:00) so I thought I'd try it out and I'm really glad I did, as I love wearing this. I once heard that 'a lady should always wear one perfume, so that the scent becomes hers'. I definitely feel this way about Alien - it's my signature scent!

Number 5, Eos Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm. This is a product that's really caught my eye. I'm an avid collector of make-up, but my real weakness is lip balm. For the past year I've held back on buying much more lip balm (as I don't think my make-up box can take it!) and refused to buy any of the tempting flavours Eos has to offer, but recently they've bought out the strawberry sorbet flavour, and I could not refuse any longer. I caved last night and ordered some for delivery (as I haven't seen this flavour available in the shops) so I can't wait for this to come in the post! I've read some smashing reviews about it, and I will definitely keep you posted once it arrives!

So here it is folks, after much thought and deliberation - my January Favourites line up. I definitely rate every product I've shown here (given exception to the lip balm, as this hasn't arrived yet, but I'm sure I'll love it) and I highly recommend checking out some tester candles, or trying out some new versatile styles this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment